Martin (Wilf) Holland has been climbing for 36 years. In more recent years he has been instructing on a formal basis while gaining his UK Mountain Instructor qualifications.
Martin regularly posts condition reports on the ClimbNow Blog and runs courses throughout the UK, often in partnership with ClimbNow.
Originally from Derbyshire, Martin has been based in Edinburgh for 20 years, allowing him easier access to some of the more esoteric Scottish winter climbing venues of which he is a devotee!
Martin has climbed, skied, mountaineered and taken part in mountain marathons extensively throughout the UK and across the world.
My personal highlights include:
- Black Mamba a 320m VS on Creag an Dubh Loch, Cairngorms
- Indicator Right Hand (V,5) Ben Nevis
- Multiple top 10 finishes in the Karrimor/Original Mountain Marathon
- A solo of the West Ridge of Mount Haidinger (3), New Zealand
- East Buttress of Middle Cathedral (5.9/A1) Yosemite, USA
- Mount Aconcagua (6962m), Argentina.
Martin is an enthusiastic and highly experienced instructor, he holds the Mountain Instructor Certificate and is a full member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI).