I have just spent 6 days with Sam, Richard, Fred and Frost Guiding. Here are the details of what we did;
- Day one. Ecole de Glacé on Moiry Glacier. Overnight at Moiry Hut.
- Day two. Pointe de Mourti in good conditions.
- Day three. Crevasse rescue on the way to the Vignettes Hut.
- Day four. Traverse of Pigne d’Arolla. There is a 60 metre section of ice that requires ice screw belays on the ascent to the summit.
- Day five. Ecole d’ escalade near the Orny Hut. Overnight at Trient Hut.
- Day six. Aiguille du Tour in good conditions.
There are more photos on the Facebook page.
For the past few days I have been climbing summits in the Mont Blanc Massif and Les Aiguilles Rouges with two Alpinists. On Sunday we ascended to the Albert Premier Hut before completing an Ecole de Glace session on the Glacier du Tour. The weather on Monday was very poor with fresh snow but we still had a good day out traversing the Col Sup. du Tour and the Plateau du Trient to the Cabane du Trient.
For the time of year, the Plateau du Trient was in excellent condition with very good snow cover.
Yesterday, we had a big day climbing three summits; Aiguille du Tour (3542m), Petite Fourche (3520m) and Tete Blanche (3429m). The bergshrund on Aiguille du Tour is large and requires care. The conditions on the other two peaks were good.
Today we traversed Les Aiguilles Crochues (2840m). The route was quiet with no queues.