Paul and I have just spent a week in the Vanoise. From Monday to Friday we were ski touring with NOCG (Naval Outdoor Centre Germany) and Infinity Mountain Guides. Some of the highlights were;
- Rocher du Charvet (2856m) and the Palafour off piste run.
- Ouille de la Jave (2867m) and Ouille des Tretetes (2948m).
- Dome de Pramecou (3081m) and the Tour of the Grande Balme off piste run.
- Ouille Noire (3357m) and the Pays Desert.
- The Grande Motte (3423m) and the Couloir Petite Balme.
On Saturday, Paul and traversed La Tsanteleina (3601m) by climbing the North Face and descending the South Face and Glacier du Couarts Dessus. We had a great time on what was quite a physically challenging peak that before mid may (when the road opens) involves 1800 metres of ascent and a significant distance.
Lots more photos on the facebook page.