Scotland is blessed with a huge variety of winter climbing terrain ranging from frozen waterfalls and ice smears to vertical turf and rimed rock buttresses. Our experienced team who all have extensive local knowledge of a large number of these venues will aim to ensure that the right route is chosen for you to maximise enjoyment and learning.
Venues: The Climbnow team can travel to your base. Common venues are the Southern Highlands, Glencoe, Lochaber and the Northern Cairngorms.
Dates: January, February, March and April.
Ratio: 1:2 Maximum
What’s included: Instruction, harnesses and helmets. The Climbnow team can arrange the hire of ice axes and crampons.
Who’s it for: Those with rock climbing and winter hill walking experience or those with winter mountaineering experience (grade I and II routes).
- Taxus (III) and Stairway to Heaven (III), Beinn an Dothaidh.
- Echo Edge (III), Meall Buidhe.
- Sunshine Gully (III), Quartzvein Scoop (IV) and Peter Pan (V), Beinn Udlaidh.
- Crowberry Gully (IV) and North Buttress (IV), Buachaillie Etive Mor.
- SC Gully (III) and Raeburn’s Route (IV), Stob Coire Nan Lochain.
- Tower Ridge (IV), Green Gully (IV) and Vanishing Gully (V), Ben Nevis.
- Sidewinder (III), Hidden Chimney Direct (IV) and The Seam (IV), Northern Corries.
- Route Major (IV), Carn Etchachan.
- Castle Wall (IV), Shelterstone Crag.
- Shadow Buttress A (IV), Lochnagar.