I was out this week on behalf of Frost Guiding with Chris. We had a successful week completing the following;
- Rock climbing at the Vallorcine Slabs.
- The traverse of Pointe Percee via the Arête du Doigt and Cheminee Sallanches.
- Arete Marion.
- The Dom (4545m).
- Skills day near Arolla.
Tina, Scott, Steve, Paul and I have just had six excellent days mountaineering in the Alps. We climbed the following;
- Day one. L’Arete Marion on the Pointes de la Blonniere. A beautiful rock ridge.
- Day two to five. We visited the Vanoise where we traversed Mont Pelve and climbed Dome des Sonnailles. On the way we overnighted at the Refuge entre Deux Eaux, Refuge Col de la Vanoise and Refuge de la Valette. We received great hospitality at all the huts. The mountains were in good condition.
- Day six. We climbed Eperon de la Cicle on the Tete de la Cicle above Les Contamines.
Lots more photos on the facebook page.